Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break

A whole week of non-teaching duties. What else could be better?

I stayed until 5 PM on Friday, just to finish up grading and lesson planning so I would not have to worry about completing any teacher duties during this week. I am so happy that I did. Now I just need to walk into school on Monday, March 30. :)

I have a load of things that I would like to accomplish over break:

  • Update my resume and fill out a summer school application for South Bend Schools.
  • Complete cover letters and some various applications for school corporations around the area. I have no idea what my job situation looks like at the end of this year. Technically I could bump a teacher, but I would really like to be closer to home.
  • Tear apart the front porch lattice because it is dingy and plain disguisting. I would like to put up the plastic lattice therefore it would not need painting in the years to come. The railings also need to be replaced, but that might be a summer project.
  • Get my brother's house up and going. I made him go with me after work yesterday and we made a list of things that need to be finished before he can move in. Technically he could move in right now, but he keeps coming up with excuses of why he cannot move in. I am taking away the excuses! :)
  • Clean out my parents basement so that they can finish the wood flooring. Again my brother's things are in the way of the floor being finished.

If I can accomplish half of what is on my list I will be a happy camper!

0 comments: