Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ironic

On Thursday as I was getting ready to talk about St. Francis, patron saint of all of God's creatures, my third grader in the back row raises her hand and says there is a spider crawling around on the bullentin board two feet away from me. I look over and sure enough here is this tanish colored spider with white spots crawling around next to me! Well I cannot kill the dang thing, I'm teaching about St. Francis! So I thought maybe I could leave it alone and it would crawl back up. Well dummy me reminded myself that I am teaching third graders and they are interested in anything that moves. So they are shouting and wiggling around in their seats. My one "special" student, is yelling out you cannot kill it!! So I calmly grab a paper cup that I have and shoo the spider into the cup. I then make a beeline for my door because it is right next to the back doors where I safely deposit the spider outside. My third graders then remark that they will see the spider at recess. Gee I love kids! So as you can see I cannot kill one of God's creatures on the day that I am teaching about the patron saint of God's creatures! It just made me chuckle!!

0 comments: