Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year, New Post

A lot has happened since February 2010. My father passed away in June of 2010, my son was born in August 2010, and I went from being a classroom teacher to an Art/Gym teacher for the 2010-2011 school year to an Art teacher/librarian this school year. It is amazing what life throws at you.

Although I do miss the classroom, I do not miss the endless hours of grading and the happenings with the parents. I love that I can go home at the end of the school day and hang out with my son and husband.

I LOVE all that I can have the students create in art class and all the stories I get to read to the students in the library. I think it is the perfect fit at this moment in my life. It also helps that I get so many compliments on so many of the items we create in art.

0 comments: