Friday, January 22, 2010

Please Go Away January

It has turned out that January has been quite an expensive month. We have had to replace a garbage disposal, followed by the demise of the poor computer, a crack in my windshield, the furnace needing a cleaning, and now the ignitor going out in the stove.

I am happy to report that we were able to replace the garbage disposal ourselves.

Tony was fixing the computer and found the stupid virus program and just as he was about to get rid of it, it locked him out of every single thing. So now you can't even log on. Hopefully the computer will be taking a ride with my Uncle Paul. Hopefully he can rid the nasty virus away.

I have done nothing about the crack in my windshield because I am still trying to fathom how pulling into the garage at night and coming back in the morning could actually form a crack. The poor car also needs to be washed and my dad says it will be okay going through the car wash. However I have visions of the crack getting larger as I am sitting in the car wash.

The furnace was probably the least expensive fix of $50. Only because the heating and cooling guy is a friend of the family and I expected it to be more because he came out on a Sunday afternoon. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I received the bill.

And as of today, I have a working stove again. How anyone can justify charging $62 to come out and then charge $20 labor and then $50 for a part is beyond me. Shouldn't labor and a service fee be the same thing?

So January I need you to leave. I really cannot afford for you to stay any longer.

0 comments: